Group Stage - Jan 9 - 10, 2020
- two bo3 Double-Elimination groups of four teams
- top two teams per group advance to playoffs
- bottom two teams are eliminated
Playoffs - Jan 11 - 12, 2020
- four teams Double-Elimination.
- Bo5 Grand Finals, all other matches are played in a bo3
Prize pool distribution
- 🥇: $72,000, 140 DPC Pts & Major seed
- 🥈: $60,000, 120 DPC pts
- 🥉: $54,000, 110 DPC pts
- 4th: $42,000, 90 DPC pts
- 5th-6th: $24,000, 60 DPC pts
- 7th-8th: $12,000, 40 DPC pts
Last chance to qualify for the Major
The Minor has some promising storylines. It is going to be exciting to see Nigma play under their new flag for the very first time. So far, the legendary team has had a pretty underwhelming comeback. Their main problem seems to be that they haven't adapted to the new update, lacking appropriate drafts and current meta gameplay. With over a month left, mastermind Kuro S. 'KuroKy' Takhasomi has more time to develop new strategies. It will be the last chance for the The International 2019 runner-ups to enter the Major.
Apart from Nigma, there are many more star players participating at the Minor. Peter 'ppd' Dager, Du 'Monet' Peng, Jacky 'EternaLEnVy' Mao, and Kim 'DuBu' Duyoung are also in the fight for the last slot. AS Monaco Gambit seem like a promising newcomer as well. In short: there is a lot of potential waiting to be displayed in some very exciting match-ups.
Who do you think is going to win the Minor?
Photo credit: WePlay!