However, this is not the first time iceiceice and Mushi have played together. Both players were previously part of DK* — together with their current coach Tang '71' Wenyi, who coached EHOME before and after his time with Team DK.
Although Mineski had a good season and were able to win the Dota 2 Asia Championships 2018 Major in Shanghai, their Major record is pretty weak. They attended seven out of nine Major events altogether, but only reached the top four once — at DAC.
Their Minor record, on the other hand, was way better. In four of their six tournaments they reached the top four, and won the PGL Open: Bucharest Minor. Important to that win were the three new players especially: Kam 'Moon' Boon Seng came from WarriorsGaming.Unity, while Anucha 'Jabz' Jirawong joined with iceiceice from the old Team Faceless* squad.
All 7 facts about Mineski
- They attended seven out of nine Majors
- DAC was the only Major at which they reached top four
- iceiceice and Jabzs joined after Team Faceless disbanded
- 71 previously coached iceiceice and Mushi at Team DK
- Highest-ranked SEA team in the DPC
- Mineski reached top four in four out of six Minors
- They won a Minor and a Major
How far can Mineski go at TI8?
Photo credit: ESL - Adela Snzajder