GIGABYTE Cup - Rules & Regulations
Staff & SupportA list of staff members can be found here.
If you need help, please use our support system instead of contacting one admin directly!
Competition FormatI. Team Selection
The qualifier is free for anyone to sign up. A maximum of 512 teams can take part (note: Although 1024 teams can sign up, only 512 can check in).
The qualifier is played in a single elimination format - a team is eliminated, once it loses one match. The first day is over as soon as only 16 teams are left. The last four rounds are played on the second day of the competition.
Unless announced otherwise, those are the default match times for the qualifier (CET/CEST):
- Day 1, 21:45 - Round 1 (round of 256)
- Day 1, 23:00 - Round 2 (round of 128)
- Day 1, 00:00 - Round 3 (round of 64)
- Day 1, 01:00 - Round 4 (round of 32)
- Day 1, 02:00 - Round 5 (round of 16)
- Day 2, 22:00 - Quarterfinals
- Day 2, 23:00 - Semifinals
- Day 2, 00:00 - Grand Final (bo3)
RulesDuring the whole competition, the General Rules for Amateur Dota 2 Tournaments of Freaks 4U Gaming apply.
ServersThe default server location is US East. Other servers are used, if both teams agree or the administration decides on it.
PrizesThe winner of the GIGABYTE Cup will get a prize money of 500 USD.
Last Update: 3rd December 2013