Competitive play support by Valve
posted by Tezzeret, 1 year agoAnother huge patch by Valve just rolled in and it brings with it an exciting new hero to the hero pool, the spellstealer Rubick! Having been picked occasionally in the WC3 DotA scene in SEA, we may well see him being used in competitive play soon enough.
Rubick is here!
The most remarkable update of the week is however the first step of supporting for competetive play in Dota 2. The watch tab got increased to give attention to specific tournament, starting with our very own The Defense! The Dota 2 Blog explains how it works. Furthermore the teams can be created in the client now to benefit from a few features. A lot more of those are going to be published within the next months.
The Defense 2 will start tomorrow and you will be able to choose between the traditional videostream and DotaTV, which is also the reason for this week's patch to come out one day earlier.
- Added Rubick!
- Bane: Fixed Fiend's Grip not ending if Kraken Shell dispels it.
- Chaos Knight: Reality Rift now puts the Chaos Knight behind his target.
- Clockerk: Fixed Hookshot stunning dead units.
- Gyrocopter: Fixed Homing Missle not giving any bounty.
- Invoker: Fixed Alacrity interaction with Magic Immunity
- Kunkka: Fixed Ghost Ship allied debuff dealing all the damage immediately when then rum wears off, rather than over the following 8 seconds.
- Mirana: Reduced size of Arrow 20%.
- Outworld Destroyer: Aadded visual indicator for Astral Imprisonment Length.
- Riki: Fixed sometimes not attacking his Blink Strike target immediately.
- Spirit Breaker: Fixed a bug allowing charging Razor without moving.
- Fixed Batrider and Outworld Destroyer having 1 to little armor.
- Fixed Chaos Knight having 2 extra armor.
- Fixed Lone Druid having 1.3 to little armor.
- Added support for tournament spectating passes.
- The backpack now displays 64 items, up from 25.
- Select All Other Units feature no longer selects any unit that is lacking attack capability (like Beastmaster's Hawk).
- Added a buff to indicate the duration of Death Prophet's Exorcism.
- Updated Aghanim's Scepter tooltips for Beastmaster, Necrolyte, Queen of Pain, Warlock, and Windrunner.
- Updated the Aghanim's Scepter store preview.
- Fixed bug where large replays were unable to download.
- Replay downloading is now paralleled to improve download speeds.
- Fixed item purchase message crediting the wrong player if the purchased item stacked with someone else's item.
- Added a custom particle effect for Skadi.
- Co-op bot matches will now randomly assign the human players to Radiant or Dire.
- In co-op bot matches, if a human disconnects before picking a hero, the bots will now correctly balance the teams.
- Fixed bots not selecting heroes into non-AP games.
- Fixed bots not deploying their couriers on Passive difficulty.
Sources: Patch Notes