ADVERTISEMENT:

Kev having a Puck of a time

posted by Mantis., 2 years ago
de Kevin 'kev' Stegeman, former ex-EnRo and ex-LAN player is a well known face in the e-sports circuit. Fondly reminisced as the 'Immortal Puck' player for his ferocious game-play, Kev was a part of GGnet at The International as a stand-in, where he later became the highlight player for team GGnet.

Photo by Gosugamers: Mooseman, Kev, Zeyall and Holymaster at ESWC, Paris

He also played under the de J4T flagship in The Defense where the team had a good run but was unable to make it to the play-offs giving him some down time in the world of DOTA 2, but is forever on the hunt for the next game.

He found a way to fill in the time by sitting down with 'Game Honour & TRDota' where they interviewed the German star in which he shares some thoughts about the German scene, Dota 2 and much more.

We all know that everybody admires your puck play. Some even call you “The Immortal Puck.” What would you like to say about this? How did you achieve this perfection?

A big shout-out to all the people who think I am an "immortal Puck player", but to be honest I would not consider myself as a "immortal puck player" anymore. I just had some good moments with that hero. I am far away from playing it perfectly - I'm not even playing Puck in DOTA2 because i have the feeling its not the same hero as it used to be.

You represented gosugamers.net at The International. You were having some unsteady days. How was it feeling, participating in the largest tournament at those hard times?

I was never a part of Team Gosugamers. I really wanted to play at the very first DOTA2 tournament therefore I asked Kuroky to get me in as a stand-in player to be sure I get to the event and maybe even a small chance of playing it.
The feeling of the tournament was extremely nice. Just to meet all players which you know for a long time now was the biggest reason for me to be there.

Whats your opinion about team GG’s separation? Team GG no longer exists. Any thoughts?

After Puppey and Pajkatt left the team, I was sure this Team wont exist any longer. Kuroky does not have the same leadership skills as Puppey also Kebap and rmN are not as skilled as Puppey and Pajkatt. I know for a fact that if Kuro plays for a team, he wants it to be the No. 1 team in the world! - That wasn't possible with the last lineup.

Read the complete interview here

EDIT: We have been informed that Game Honour is not the only original source, but it is infact TRDota.net - The links have been changed to reflect this.

Sources: Original Interview

#1
Captain Jack wrote at 14.02.2012, 07:29 CET:
I know for a fact that if Kuro plays for a team, he wants it to be the No. 1 team in the world! - Kev

Kuro is one of the best player ( if not the best) but he can't find a good team.
#2
TobiWanKenobi wrote at 14.02.2012, 07:33 CET:
He has a team now, will have to wait and see what happens with him
#3
omgztwstd wrote at 14.02.2012, 07:54 CET:
TobiWanKenobi wrote:
He has a team now, will have to wait and see what happens with him

Whose team?
#4
TobiWanKenobi wrote at 14.02.2012, 07:57 CET:
ARIANA Gaming --

Roster
Alexander 'Alex' Reinhardt (Captain)
Norman 'Leaf' Zörner
Pascal 'paS' Lohmeier
Burak 'saga' Sezer
Kuro KuroKy' Salehi Takhasomi (stand-in)

He is listed as a stand in but he plays so much it may be his new team
#5
Talesavo wrote at 14.02.2012, 08:01 CET:
It's not his new team; he's specifically stated that he's just ringing for the time being.
#6
melvinwaaa wrote at 14.02.2012, 08:07 CET:
If ARIANA wins any major award soon, for sure the organization will officially list Kuroky on their lineup.

If not, well, be a stand-in for a bit longer. :p
#7
Moose wrote at 14.02.2012, 08:49 CET:
N1 interview there Kev
#8
gatman900 wrote at 14.02.2012, 09:12 CET:
UNBLVBL wrote:

True...Kuroky is an extremely talented player who needs the right team.
#9
BoredomIsfun wrote at 14.02.2012, 09:25 CET:
Auto-cast = Immortal puck :L (as showcased by FIRE)
#10
Sun_Tzu wrote at 14.02.2012, 11:49 CET:
Ariana isn't a bad team to build on, replace 1-2 players and it could be on a very high level very soon. Above all, Saga is the greatest player people just don't know about right now.
#11
nincompoop wrote at 14.02.2012, 13:13 CET:
I think you need an exclusive interview with KuroKy to clear up the situation :) You guys know how to contact me 8-)
#12
prohjort wrote at 14.02.2012, 13:45 CET:
nincompoop wrote:

Tobi appointed me to give you all you need, just contact me with all the information needed.
#13
ScTF- wrote at 14.02.2012, 15:37 CET:
nice Interview.

KuroKy is still the best player the european scene ever had.
#14
Kuntiger wrote at 14.02.2012, 16:18 CET:
Sources: Original Interview @ gh omfg; this can't be. My article, my questions, my interview but it's not in http://www.trdota.net/showthread.php/1392-Kuntiger-amp-DukeWoolridge-Kev-R%F6portaj%FD (Turkish) or http://www.trdota.net/showthread.php/1405-Kev-Interview-(Kuntiger-amp-DukeWoolridge) English This is the original one.

The others: http://fairplay.garena.com/showthread.php?282866-Kev-Interview-(by-Kuntiger)
#15
TobiWanKenobi wrote at 14.02.2012, 17:46 CET:
thankyou for your PM and comment here, the links are fully updated to reflect the original article
#16
Kuntiger wrote at 14.02.2012, 17:57 CET:
Thanks for your care tobi.
#17
DukeWoolridge wrote at 14.02.2012, 17:58 CET:
This interview was made by me and Kuntiger. Not only for GameHonor or TRDotA. Both sites are original source. Please, edit for GameHonor.com & TRDota.net for the original source.
Thank you.
Best regards
#18
TobiWanKenobi wrote at 14.02.2012, 18:03 CET:
You might want to next time make that a little more clear in your post / article as just your names is generally not enough to know where both the sources come from.
#19
Kuntiger wrote at 14.02.2012, 18:24 CET:
You are right, we are so sorry about it.
#20
iFail wrote at 14.02.2012, 19:01 CET:
TobiWanKenobi wrote:
He has a team now, will have to wait and see what happens with him

Actually KKY is and will not be playing for Ariana i bet 10 USD on this :D - he was asked b< mouz to join them some time ago but he didn't want to. He said he will stay clanless and play as standin until he finds the right time - I don't think this is Panzer. They are talented but unfortunately kuro is 1000 levels above them and needs an international team imo.
#21
ScTF- wrote at 14.02.2012, 19:50 CET:
iFail wrote:
TobiWanKenobi wrote:
He has a team now, will have to wait and see what happens with him

Actually KKY is and will not be playing for Ariana i bet 10 USD on this :D - he was asked b&lt; mouz to join them some time ago but he didn't want to. He said he will stay clanless and play as standin until he finds the right time - I don't think this is Panzer. They are talented but unfortunately kuro is 1000 levels above them and needs an international team imo.

agree
#22
TobiWanKenobi wrote at 14.02.2012, 20:41 CET:
Mouz already have enough Carry and solo players, Kuro would only be brought in if they were going to replace SingSing or Bamboe, which I really don't see them doing
#23
Mantis. wrote at 14.02.2012, 21:05 CET:
I guess this has already been fixed. I apologize for my late reply.
#24
ScTF- wrote at 14.02.2012, 22:59 CET:
TobiWanKenobi wrote:

Ofcourse they have 2 soloplayers. But you really can't deny the fact that Kuro a) is more skilled b) has more experience and knowledge (map awareness etc). i don't want to sound like a fanboy, but there is a reason why he has such a huge fanbase: because he is an outstanding (if not the best) player who arised from the european scene.
It is actually really sad the he doesn't find a good offer. only time will tell.
#25
iFail wrote at 14.02.2012, 23:26 CET:
TobiWanKenobi wrote:

ya it was when bamboe was still stand in and it wasn't sure if sing sing would stay at mouz - indeed dement asked kky on his livestream if he wanna join but he declined :>

You are not logged in! To become part of the awesome, create your GameSports account here.